With each quilt I load, I am trying to use a new technique or skill. On Cayden's quilt, I used the ruler base for the first time and stitched in the ditch on all of the blocks and around the outer little border (which was harder than I thought it would be but I'm pretty happy with the result) and I worked on some free motion stuff in the blocks. My brain was exhausted by the time I got to the border ( and I was running out of time) so I just did a swirly doodly meander ( that's the name of it, really!). Not as happy with that but it is done and it's for a baby. I was brave and used red thread in the bobbin as well as the top because I didn't want the light thread to show through to the front if my tension was a little off and the backing I used was pieced from what I had, which was very light so of course, you can see EVERY mistake. I guess that stuff about a "busy" back is true. BOY, there is a lot to think about with this long arm stuff!! ah, like what is the needle up/down button and what is the start/stop button and touching the right one at the right time! a few of the goofs on this one is because I mixed them up.
And since I was attending Bella's 4th birthday party (It was a cowgirl party with ponies!!), I made her a Happy Birthday pillowcase and one with horses on it. I will be sending her a pillowcase every month for a year. She loves to get mail.
Will be back next week with pictures of the cutest kids in Jacksonville next week! Have a quilty weekend!