Thursday, February 02, 2012
As you can see,I have won the battle of the scraps. My basket is empty and now holds all my civil war repro fabric which I hope to whittle down as I make my Barbara Brackman blocks. My goal is to make 5 blocks in February. And speaking of goals, I've made a list of goals for February. I don't know if they will all get done but I hope by writing them down there will be some accountability.
Sewww, here we go!
1. Make 5 civil war blocks;
2. Make sampler block (yep, I joined another block of the month);
3. Finish happy villages wall hanging (which has been "hanging" around for about 4 years);
4. Quilt the turquoise log cabin quilt (it is loaded on the frame which is 1/2 the battle);
5. Cut and sew mastectomy pillows (my guild's ongoing community project);
6. Cut pieces for 2 projects to take with me on my April retreat. I want to bring 4 projects to piece on that weekend. I have picked a top from "stack the deck" and one from M'liss Rae Hawley fat quarter quilts called roman stripes.
I know it is an ambitious list but February has an extra day so I should be ok. LOL
Although I was away for six months on a blogging sabbatical, I did finish a few things. This is a Round Robin I did with a few gals in my guild. It doesn't have a name yet (hence no label) but it is hanging in my sewing room. Any suggestions for a name would be welcomed.
I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...
I know, I know, long time no blog~In fact, I haven't even been lurking. But here is some quiltiness from the Wilted Quilter. As yo...
This little pig was sent to Florida with my sister back in June to give to my great-niece, Bella. FYI, this little pig had been living in ...