Thursday, February 02, 2012
As you can see,I have won the battle of the scraps. My basket is empty and now holds all my civil war repro fabric which I hope to whittle down as I make my Barbara Brackman blocks. My goal is to make 5 blocks in February. And speaking of goals, I've made a list of goals for February. I don't know if they will all get done but I hope by writing them down there will be some accountability.
Sewww, here we go!
1. Make 5 civil war blocks;
2. Make sampler block (yep, I joined another block of the month);
3. Finish happy villages wall hanging (which has been "hanging" around for about 4 years);
4. Quilt the turquoise log cabin quilt (it is loaded on the frame which is 1/2 the battle);
5. Cut and sew mastectomy pillows (my guild's ongoing community project);
6. Cut pieces for 2 projects to take with me on my April retreat. I want to bring 4 projects to piece on that weekend. I have picked a top from "stack the deck" and one from M'liss Rae Hawley fat quarter quilts called roman stripes.
I know it is an ambitious list but February has an extra day so I should be ok. LOL
Although I was away for six months on a blogging sabbatical, I did finish a few things. This is a Round Robin I did with a few gals in my guild. It doesn't have a name yet (hence no label) but it is hanging in my sewing room. Any suggestions for a name would be welcomed.