Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's a Girl Gotta do to Fondle some Fabric??!??

Like every quilter, I am always trying to fit fabric fondling into my daily schedule.  For a while, I was getting up at the buttcrack of dawn, making a cup of coffee, and spending some time in the sewing room before I hit the showers for work.  But now the buttcrack of dawn has been alloted to the gym or a spin class.  Not that I mind, sometimes that's the highlight of my day! But where to fit in the fondling??? Hmmmmm.  In trying to keep some of my New Year's resolutions, I have decided a little multitasking might work. I know that I can't do any serious sewing after dinner. That has been tried and proved disasterous. (read lots of unsewing).  Seww,  I thought that perhaps a little stash management and TV watching with hubby might work.

I am hoping that THIS MESS



 might turn into something a bit more organized.  I have pulled this scrap basket down to the TV room with my ironing board, cutting mat and rotary cutter. While watching mindless TV, I hope to fill the bucket below with strips for string blocks.
 and the bigger stuff will be cut to go into my scrap drawers ala Bonnie Hunter. 
Once this project is done, I plan on trying to do some simple sewing, like mastectomy pillows for my community project, string blocks and maybe precut some new projects to work on.  Will see where this goes!! 

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

When I have a lot of cutting to do, I set up a station on the kitchen island and then I can watch TV and cut at the same time. Our kitchen it open to the family room so this works just perfectly for me.

Good luck with that stash organization. It can take over!

Anonymous said...

I have a constant battle with scraps because of my depression-era obsession with using up everything. Getting everything together to work while watching TV is a good idea.

AnnieO said...

I also need some scrap management time! It does take some effort to get them all ready to MAKE into a quilt!!!

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...