Friday, September 22, 2006

The Last Days of Summer

Blogger of course is being contrary and uploading my photos willy-nilly!! But I am back from a wonderful stay in Cape May, NJ.

This first picture (which I wanted to be LAST!!) is my quilty thing!! This is a redwork pillow I started last year and finished to give to our good friends, Ronnie & Susie, who invited us to join them in Cape May this year. They recently celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary. As all of you married gals know, marriage is a rollercoaster with ups and downs! I think the sentiment on this pillow captures that! R & S really got a chuckle from it!!



That's me (back left) and my DH, Bob (back right) with our friends, Vinnie, Susie, Ronnie and Robin at the pool. Our hotel was right across the street from the beach. Ronnie & Susie have been coming to Cape May for years and found this really nice hotel! Vinnie and Robin joined us as part of Robin's birthday celebration! We shopped, sat by the pool, and ate at some fabulous restaurants during our stay. The days were warm (80 to 85 degrees)! It was a perfect way to rest and recuperate.


Here is one of the beautiful sunsets from Sunset Beach!




Before we reached Cape May, Ronnie & Susie treated us to an evening at the Cowtown Rodeo in NJ on Saturday night. Here we are with our cowboy hats! Bob & I had never been to a rodeo and really enjoyed it!! Of course, before we got there, we stopped at the Cracker Barrel restaurant for some good old country cooking including grits!




















I can't think of a better way to say "goodbye" to summer! We enjoyed it so much that all of us have booked rooms for the same time next year! But now, back to reality :( . The weather has certainly turned cooler here in Connecticut and the leaves have started to change!! But it definitely puts me in the mood to quilt! :))

6 comments:

Libby said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. The pillow is wonderful -- really says it all.

Lucy said...

A very great Pillow :-)

amnd you were dressed up so great for the rodeo...I love those heats. I think I need to take one home next time when I am at the States. As a trophy for on my hatrack

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

First time to a rodeo? Could of fooled me - you guys have all the right clothes - except maybe the huge belt buckles! Glad you all had lots of fun... it is nice to see friends!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it looks like everyone had such fun. I loved the pillow! And the sunset was amazing!

Eileen said...

Isn't the Jersey shore the greatest? What a beautiful sunset. And what a great way to end the summer-good food, good fun and especially good friends.

Finn said...

Hi Annie, looks like a wonderful time was had by all!! Such happy faces..*VBS*
The redwork is lovely..and such a great gift.
I hope this find you feeling better and the quilting bug is beginning to nibble on your toes..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...