Thursday, September 14, 2006

PIGS ON PARADE, PART DEUX

This first quilt was the #1 Viewers' Choice. It was made by Linda Kotyk. She is our treasurer and has been quilting for many years. This quilt was started as a Mystery Quilt last November. It is called Flowing Jacob's Ladder. Linda finished this quilt on her boat this summer. When her DH went out fishing, she pulled out the Janome Jem and stitched away. It was machined quilt by our president, Debbie D'Angelo.
This quilt was made by a new member, Joan Mockler. I just love blue, yellow and white together. She has only been quilting a short time but long enough to have a PIG!!!
The Apple Quilt was made by Lesa Gemmell. This also started as a Mystery Quilt and she said it quickly became a UFO. She had signed on to finish this quilt twice before and finally as a PIG it is finished. Her label reads "From UFO to Roasted PIG, Finally Finished!!"
This last quilt belongs to Cheryl D'Angelo. She bought the Batik panel for her son who loves dragons. The top was quickly finished but she is one of several in our guild who hand quilt every thing!!! She now has it finished. Her son says he likes how the back looks better than the front!

Alas, my PIG was the Mystery Quilt from Hell. Although I did get the top done, I only got half of the quilting done before my surgery and wasn't able to get it finished!! But it will be finished soon and won't be part the next PIG Roast. I have plenty more to choose from in my closet! LOL

I think these ladies did a super job!! We will have signups for next year's roastin January. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Linda C said...

Annie,
The Flowing Jacobs Ladder looks very much like one designed by a quilter friend from my former quilt guild, Cheryl Adam. She wrote a book published by AQS in 2003 called "Off Center Patchwork" Except for the colors used it sure looks like the cover quilt.

Here is a closeup link of the cover.

Many of the samples shown in the book were made by friends in our guild or more specifically, her small quilt group from the guild.

Before that she sewed professionally for fabric companies making their samples and has been in several quilt publications.

Anonymous said...

I HEART that flowing Jacob's Ladder. (I'm glad Linda J mentioned a book with the pattern/idea) It reminds me of what Margaret Miller has been doing... "Angle Play"

Katie said...

Thanks for showing the PIGS. :) Make me want to get my sewing machine going again.

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a Jacob's ladder from my book "Off Center Patchwork". It is lovely and I'm happy to see the book is being used. I simply ask that quilters ask permission to teach the pattern (assuming not everyone had to buy the book). Have fun and experiment.

Laura said...

I love the Flowing Jacobs Ladder! I am glad Linda J shared where we can find a similar pattern!

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...