Friday, June 09, 2006

first art quilt

Posted by Picasa I have finally figured out how to post pictures to my Blog. I live in the sad and slow DIAL UP WORLD so surfing the web or doing anything on line is a form of torture. However, thanks to PICASA, I am able to show my first "dipping of the toes" into the art quilt venue. This came together in less than 4 weeks. It was really exciting to "fly by the seat of my quilted pants" since, unlike traditional quilting, I didn't have any books or instructions or had never taken any classes other than the fabric painting class where I created the fabric. As I said in my previous post, once I completed the painting, it felt like "Florida". I was supposed to give this to my sister after the Jacksonville Quilt Show, but I reneged. It would be like giving away your first born. Who could do that??

No comments:

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...