Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hump Day and My Anniversary

Well, here it is Hump Day and as it turns out, my 30th Wedding Anniversary!!! Yep, DH and I have been hitched for 30 years and to be quite honest, it has gone by pretty quickly.  We have been empty nesters for about 6 years now and have found our "groove". We still enjoy each other's company, like to do things together, the tiffs are few and far between and when there is one it doesn't last for very long.  I guess that's a pretty successful formula.

We are going to New Orleans in April so we decided to keep it low key.   So when I started my car rhis am at 5, I was surprised that the  radio was on and was playing "our song"! DH had gone out the night before and cued up the CD to play. How sweet is that! I bawled all the way ro the gym.

I am making lots of progress with my string blocks. As you can see,  I have set up a little sewing factory in front of the TV (which I have done in the past and don't know why it isn't a permanent fixture) and have been able to do anywhere from 4 to 8 blocks every day. Once I get through the precut squares, I will move on to another "mindless" project involving getting rid of some of my scrap.  I am thinking a scrappy trip around the world  courtesy of Bonnie Hunter or getting caught up with my SAL blocks which I am following through Shannon, the Pieceful Kwilter.

On the machine is my winter jelly roll, which I will quilt with a snowman panto. I hope to have that done this weekend. 

In other unrelated news...

On the needles - I have frogged the blanket I started. I just wasn't loving it. I have decided to do the same pattern just as a normal shape. 

Turning the pages -  I finished Gone Girl and loved it although the ending left me less than happy.
I have returned to Pip in Great Expectations and hope to finish that this month. 

Travels in Blogland  have led me to to My Imperfect Life. This gal is a hoot! She is also a quilter and a newbie crocheter.  In one of her recent posts, she reviewed an ebook for Fons and Porter on log cabin blocks and here is the Link if you want to download the free ebook! I love all the sharing and caring that goes on with quilters. Well, off to make a special dinner for my sweet, sweet hubby!

10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Happy Anniversary, mine was yesterday.

Paula, the quilter said...

Well, Happy Anniversary! You have such a romantic hubby. So sweet.

Libby said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the cd idea - music makes the world go round *s*

Unknown said...

Thirty is a pretty special anniversary, got a way to go to catch up with me but I'm certain you will both do it. You have inspired me to use up some of by off-cuts so guess what I'll be doing today. Luv Axx

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to both of you.

I'd love to have my sewing machine in front of the TV but I just don't have enough room.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Sandy said...

Congratulations to you too. Didn't it go fast?

Chris said...

The Husband and I are hitting the 30th in May. Your description is spot on for us also. I remember how much we used to fight and I can't even imagine why. Good job I hope you are having a nice celebration.

AnnieO said...

Happy Anniversary! DH and I mark 28 years this Sunday so we are right behind you :) So glad to see you busy with fabric and posting more often :) Will have to check out My Imperfect Life.

Kate North said...

Happy anniversary! Mine is the upcoming Hump Day, as it happens, though you have 10 years on me...

Kay said...

Happy anniversary! Time does go so fast, doesn't it? We've done many more years, and it becomes even more true. Enjoy each other.

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...