Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Good Reason to have UFOs

Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts on our anniversary. Unfortunately, my hubby picked up a cold somewhere and on Monday he was sick as a dog. Coughing, sneezing and generally miserable. He was out of work til Thursday. Tried to go in Thursday morning to be promptly sent home by his boss and told to stay there til Monday. By the time our anniversary arrived on the 2oth, I had been sleeping in the guest room for several nights. He was feeling better by Saturday and we did go out for an early dinner but then headed home. I actually slept in the guest room on our anniversary!! Oh well, I know there will be other anniversaries cause I'm not trading him in.


And on the quilting front, my machine was NOT ready as anticipated so the lap quilt waits patiently on the frame. I also hit a snafu with the Underground RR quilt. I lost the directions for finishing the sashings so I've got a "shout out" to my guild gals for the book. And here is where having lots of UFOs is a blessing. I just put the 200 Flying Geese to one side and dug back into the "Poke" for something else to work on. I was sorely tempted to start a new project but cooler heads prevailed and I pulled this one out. It was started in the fall but I quickly became bored with the piecing. So I pulled it out again, turned on Project Runway and had another crack at it. This is about half done. This will be king size and there will be over 500 rectangles in it when its finished. The long blue pieces are supposed to have buttons on them but I'm going for some fancy quilting instead.



But I wanted the world to know that I AM QUILTING just really slowly and in spurts. Let's put it this way - I won't win any gold medals for speediest quilter in the quilting Olympics!

6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Sorry to hear ya'll are not feeling well. My DH has been battling a cold too. The blues in that "soon to be king size" quilt are wonderful...

Kay said...

Love the blue quilt, but large quilts do get tedious don't they? I have one I'm going to have to force myself to do a little bit every day.

julieQ said...

Oh, sorry for the cold bug...it is certainly making it's way around. Pretty blue and grey creation...ufo's are fun!

Diana said...

Sorry about your anniversary plans. I like having several projects going at the same time, too; I can move from one to another when frustration sets in.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I say you should celebrate your anniversary again this year, after your hubby feels better. You are making great progress on your quilt - consider it a warm up exercise for when you can get to speed quilting!

The Calico Cat said...

I look at quilts - does that count?

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...