Friday, May 01, 2009

Slowdown in Production


Look at this. This is the extent of quilt production at Quilt til You Wilt! It' s sad, really sad. Last Sunday afternoon I had a couple of free hours and this is what I did. Now,although I have two projects that needed to be finished yesterday,I did this instead. Why?? Well, I walked into my bathroom and saw the tissue box with the snowman on it and down the crazy path I skipped.
And to boot, it was not a very enjoyable project because the directions were not very clear. But I persevered and now have a tissue box cover. Ta da!

I am in a funk, not only quiltwise,but lifewise. Maybe I should rename this blog Wilt til you Quilt. I just can't seem to get out of first gear. There is a lot of bucking and starts and stops going on. My 3 day work week is back to 5 which has really wreaked havoc with family life and keeping the household running smoothly. We are again searching for a paralegal that can stay more than 3 weeks. You would think in this economy they would be breaking down the door!!

One bright spot is that my son has been home for a visit from Colorado. It didn't take him more than 2-3 days to turn our guest room back into his room (for those of you with sons, you know of what I speak, LOL). He is a little beat up from a season of snow, living with three guys in a two bedroom apartment and lousy eating habits. Our first trip together was to the doctor. He had an earache and has an ear infection. But a few days of loads of sleep and Mom's cooking has him on the road to recovery. He heads back to Colorado on Tuesday. I miss him already. He is headed to Vermont to visit friends this weekend.
Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. I can't remember the last time I was happy about rain on the
weekend. I hope to be holed up in my sewing room finishing my Round Robin and putting the label and binding on my QOV to be shipped out next week.
The other bright spot is all of you out there doing stuff. I have been squeezing in some blog reading while I eat lunch at my desk every day and that has helped. Ok, enuf of the whining!!!

I think I will end with gratitudes:

I have a job, I know lots of people don't right now.

I have a loving family,

I have food on the table and a roof over my head.

and I have my quilting friends, here in CT and out on the innernets.

Check back with me next week, I promise to be better company.


15 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Annie, it's a great looking tissue box now *VBS* And the good news is that it holds promise..that inspiration will strike unexpectedly again when you least expect it.
I've had my share of lost mojo...just never know what will trigger a flash start-up. And hey, on the good news side,you are defintely NOT wilted at all!!!! Big hugs, Finn

Diana said...

Hopefully a weekend of sewing will help lift your spirits. That mojo just might be hiding in your sewing room somewhere! LOL!

Debra Dixon said...

Must be something in the air--I've been getting up grumpy too; then, wilting by 4:00. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Good luck on the weekend quilting!

Kay said...

You're entitled to whine a bit. Good things to be thankful for, especially your wonderful son.

YankeeQuilter said...

This too will pass...you do have lots to be grateful for!

Kim said...

Oh, yeah, bring on Da Funk! Funny how it creeps in and then one day it seems to lift and I never really know exactly what brings it or takes it away. Perhaps ticking things off the quilting list this weekend will help. Nice that your son was home for a visit. He needed his mom!

Libby said...

Sometimes it's those 'detour' projects that get us over the hump of a slump . . . . stick with it and don't fret. You'll be back to fine quilting form before you know it. In the meantime just enjoy the boy *s*

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Chin up doll! Funky weather, funky time of year... Today we'll have positive thoughts!
As i tell my daughter when she wakes from a nightmare, we make a list off every happy thought we can think of.
lollipops, ice cream, rainbows, drawing, horses, flowers, etc etc. etc...
in other words, fake it til you make it! ;-)

maybe a little playing in the scrap bin would help too!
;-)

limpingalong said...

Hang in there, Baby! Brighter days are coming.

julieQ said...

When the sun comes out, I feel a little bit better...hope the sun comes soon to you!

Unknown said...

One of my very good friends is a paralegal - she is ALWAYS fried! You guys work harder than the attorneys do -and for less of the moolah oolah - I feel for ya!!

Juliann in WA said...

I have been on the "uninspired" path for a bit too. I keep hoping that things will settle down as we come to the end of the school year but for now, I am too wilted at the end of the day to do much more than leaf through a magazine. So I hear what you are saying. But as in all things, I am sure this too will pass. Enjoy your son being home. That is something I miss now that mine are both really and sincerly gone.

laura west kong said...

We all do have so much to be thankful for ... Thanks for the reminder! Hope you're feeling better soon. =(^_^)=

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Well, as I caught up on "facenovel" I know that the trip back to work was not quite what you all needed, but hopefully the stay at home renewed everyone's spirit!
3 up to 5 days is a huge impact on your quilting time and no wonder you are feeling a little worn down, sure you will unwilt very shortly and back to full creation!
Tracey

Unknown said...

Take it from one who knows from very recent experience - your quilting enthusiasm will return, maybe you need to indulge yourself with a small achievable new project to get everything going again

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...