Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Cold weather projects- A flurry of February Finishes

I know I have been gone for a couple of weeks but my computer was sick and had to go to the computer doctor for a checkup. Thanks to Dr. Mike we are back up and running faster than ever!

The pictures I have today are the final February finishes that I worked on last weekend. Neither is a pig but sometimes you have to do something new and fun!

For Valentine's Day, my hubby bought me a teapot. I have found a wonderful teashop near my office and have been buying loose tea. Now that I have a teapot, I needed a tea cozy to keep my tea warm as it steeps. I found this fabric in my stash and made a little cozy. I am quite pleased with it and it gave me a chance to practice my FM quilting too.





My other project has been on the back burner since I went to Houston. I found this little project in a magazine I got as a giveaway. It is a purse made from a felted sweater! This sweater was one of my favorites that I bought at The Gap many years ago. I felted it after I got a hole in the elbow and it has been in my wool stash for some time. The wool plaid lining (which was not 100% wool and didn't felt well) was part of my goodies that I won at our guild's teacup auction last month. I absolutely LOVE IT! I even took the GAP label from the sweater and put it on the inside!




It is a fabulous little bag that matches my red wool coat.

This past weekend I moved my sewing room from the smaller guest room to my son's old bedroom. Now that he is in Colorado I figured it would be ok to TAKE OVER the bigger room and the BIGGER closet for my stash. Stop by later in the week pictures of the transformation!

8 comments:

Pattie D said...

Love the bag Annie! How fun...good luck on the sewing room move
hugs
tricia

laura west kong said...

Wow! Both projects turned out great! I have that same green teapot fabric in my stash. Haven't decided what to do with it yet though. =(^_^)=

Debra Dixon said...

Great Purse!

Kay said...

How cute! Both of them are great. And moving your sewing room too--you've been busy.

YankeeQuilter said...

That purse is great! I love tea cozies...made a half dozen when living in England!

Libby said...

That is the best bag ever! I love it *s* Your teapot is pretty sweet, too. I don't drink tea, but if I did - I would want one just like it.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning bag Annie and love that tcosy. I hope you enjoy your teapot and cosy for some time to come.

Kim said...

Hello Annie. I have been gathering wool clothing to re-purpose. This bag idea is perfect for the long wool coats that I felted.

The tea cozy turned out well and is a nice idea...very very cute fabric!

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...