Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Progress


This weekend was very productive, quilty and otherwise. I joked on someone's blog that I was going to "trick" my DH into helping me clean the house this weekend. Since we had been away for a couple of weekends prior to vacation and then went on vacation. Our home sweet home had been a bit neglected. With the rain from Ernesto at our door on Saturday, he was my captive!! I have to give him lots of praise ( and hugs and kisses) because once I set him loose, I couldn't stop him!! He went floor to ceiling through the house and it hasn't been this clean in quite some time. Not only was the cleaning done, but we changed out curtains and pulled our fall decorations out! He sure did labor on the Labor Day weekend.

On the quilty side of life, here is a picture of the Flying Geese top completed. Dawn had posted one on her blog and I remembered an orphan bag of FGs and Voila, a quilt top is done.

As for my mystery quilt, I was able to find fabric for my borders (since I had used the original fabric for another quilt...oops!). I was originally going to have dark green borders but wasn't able to find one I liked. So, with assistance from many at the LQS, I found this mauve/rose fabric which actually matches a color in the light green floral fabric, and is one of the colors in my living room!! I am going to carry the light gold fabric out in the binding. It is all ready for quilting which will be done before next Tuesday, the date of our first fall guild meeting and when we will hold our PIG roast or Parade of PIGS.
Finally... I will be off screen for a few days. I have postponed some "lady"surgery over the summer and now with fall here, my son back at college, and things settling down, it is the right time to have it done. SEWWW, I will be away for a couple of days but will check back in with all of you on Friday... Please keep me in your thoughts. and try to take it easy the next few days so I won't be exhausted trying to catch up on all of your blogs!!! LOL Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Good luck over the next few days. Stock up on quilt patterns, books, and magazines. They'll make for good dreaming while you re-coup....
Prayers for saved up for you---Melanie

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Isn't is wonderful that a post from someone else's blog can inspire you to finish a UFO/WIP you have? Great job. And, I really like the border fabric you decided upon for your mystery quilt. It really looks pretty!

Good luck with your surgery and don't go overdoing things right after.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Patti said...

Sending positive thoughts for an easy surgery and recovery. Your quilts look great!

Hedgehog said...

I love those little geese - it's that time of year! Best wishes with your surgery.

Libby said...

Get plenty of rest and you'll be feeling good as new before you know it. Did you know that reading quilt books and magazines puts you on the mend more quickly? I'm sure I've heard that somewhere *s*
Love both of the quilts - thank you for sharing.

Finn said...

The quilt looks great Annie! I love that color for the borders..probably the dark green would have had too heavy a look anyway..*VBS* This is just lovely. Glad you are on the edge of another finish. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers til I see you again, for sure. Hugs, Finn

Kim West said...

Best wishes for your surgery -

That mystery quilt sure looks very pretty - the mauve really sets it off.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your flying geese mini quilt is WONDERFUL! Great Job! And I love green so this is perfect! I"m glad I could help inspire you! I"ll have to post the other flying geese quilts some ladies at the retreat made! Same pattern, but different fabrics!

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...