Sunday, December 21, 2008

A snowy update


Here are some of the things I have been working on for Christmas. The sweater is for my greatniece, Bella, who lives in Florida. I know it seems weird to knit a sweater for a baby in Florida. But they live in Jacksonville and it can get COLD. I think they had a very large 12 month old in mind. Well, she will grow into it. I made a really cute Santa apron for her mom but of course forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it. She loves to cook. Hopefully she will send me a picture of her in it.

The scarves are gifts for my MIL (the red one) and my coworker ( the multi color mohair one). Eli's scarf was really fun to make and worked up fast. It has a little ruffle on both ends. I got the pattern for this one in a book called "101 One Skein Wonders". It has lots of patterns for scarfs, hats, bags and other little things. I like how the book sections off the patterns by yarn weight.


The little snowman door hanger is one of a dozen that I made. I have sent him out to all parts of the country to friends and relatives and even saved one for myself.

The last picture was taken yesterday. We were hit with about a foot of snow from Friday at noon through Saturday morning. My hubby and I spent about an hour out there clearing the driveway before heading out to do some last minute shopping. The nice thing about shoveling is that you don't have to go to the gym that day!! Mother Nature provided us with our workout. We knew that another storm was on the way and when we got up this morning it was snowing again. It's about 12:30 now and it is still snowing. We expect another 6 inches. It's supposed to turn to sleet then rain. I'm hoping it doesn't as this makes cleanup really yucky!
>

We received a package from Colorado yesterday which we haven't opened yet but it is nice and cushy! Hmmm, wonder what it is. Alex is battling his first cold of the season on his own. When we talked to him yesterday, he sounded pretty lousy. I'm hoping he feels better soon!

Well, I'm off to do some sewing and have some cookies to make!!

5 comments:

Libby said...

I'll send you some of our warm sunshine *s*

p.s. can't see the pics

Debra Dixon said...

I think you messed with your blog and now we can't see the pics of your projects.

Kay said...

We are having the same kind of terrible weather. You seem very cheerful in spite of it all. Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

Merry Christmas Annie!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your door hanger is adorable. The snow looks lovely, but I'm sure it is a mess to deal with. Merry Christmas Annie.

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...