Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hello bloggers, I'm back!

Yep, I'm still here! Life has been pretty busy (read WORK) but this week is the beginning of my 3 day weeks and here I am at home on a Tuesday and loving it!
The trash man woke me at 4:30 and I have been up since 5. So I made coffee and caught up with all of you leaving comments here, there and everywhere! I took my walk, did two loads of laundry, cut flowers and weeded, had breakfast and here I am. After this brief post, I'm off to the sewing room to finish that darn baby quilt for Bella Grace and get ready for my quilt class on Friday. We have Karen Eckmeier of "Accidental Landscape" and "Happy Villages" fame coming to our guild to do a "Happy Villages" workshop. I'm looking forward to that.


My ALQS swap partner, Jovita, has received her quilt so I will leave you with a picture of what I sent her.. She is the lover of purples and greens. I don't particularly favor purple but this one struck my fancy so I made two. My quilt top is done but not yet quilted. This is just four blocks and about 23 inches x 23 inches. It's hard to see the border but it is a fabulous strip that I found years ago. The light purple in the center is a Liberty fabric which I received from a very generous blogger in England a year or two ago and I've been waiting for just the right project to cut into it.


Well off to see what can be accomplished today! and just a reminder for you "Project Runway" fans, Season 5 starts tomorrow night!!! I will definitely be tuning in! Well, I hope to be back on Friday with a completed baby quilt among other things! So until then, as Heidi Klum says "auf wedersen" !

3 comments:

Libby said...

Woo Hoo! Project Runway - The Princess watched the Season 5 marathon over the weekend. We have the dvr set to record since we'll be on the road. I can hardly wait - I love that show *S*

Tracey in CT said...

I love the little purple/green quilt. That is one of my favorite color combinations! I had no idea about Project Runway starting already until I read it in a blog yesterday, but I set my Tivo last night. Didn't the last season just end in like Feb/Mar? It seems so soon to be starting again?
I think you'll have a blast in Karen E's class. I made a village earlier this summer and it was SO much fun! I went to one of my quilting groups raving about it, and everyone was so excited. Come to find out, she's coming to my chapter for a lecture/trunkshow/workshop in the fall! I'm looking forward to that, and to seeing your village as well!

julieQ said...

Purple and green is a wonderful combination! Your quilt is so lovely...

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...