Well, here is my TIF challenge completed one whole week early!! Yahoo! I really enjoyed this and want to share some of my thought process. The lilies I showed you last week and those were pretty easy to make. The vase was my own design. I had originally thought about using Lutrador for the base with wool roving but found the roving to be too flat looking. Then I realized that I could use any type of fabric I wanted. As a quilter, I tend to think cottons or wool. This is done with shatung ( I think I'm spelling that right) spray basted over the lutrador. It was still not as sturdy as I wanted so I added a layer of fusible fleece to it. I then started free motion quilting it with all the threads I had in the January color theme. I actually used a decorative stitch from my machine but lowered the feed dogs and just went up and down over and over and over. I added the purple edging on the top and bottom and then I had to figure out how to make the cylinder and add a bottom. This is a close up of the stitching. The color in my photo is a little off as it looks silver here but the fabric is really that minty green color from the challenge.
Since I knew that water was never going in it, I used a circular piece of rug canvas for the bottom and hand stitched it in place. I added my floral marbles to hold the lilies in place. I am really happy with it and it is in it's new home, my guest bath.
I am headed out of town to our annual quilt retreat in Rhode Island with 14 other gals from my guild early tomorrow morning. I have lots of unfinished projects packed and hope to get at least 4 of them completed this weekend. Most of them are adding borders. In addition, I packed lots of strips and scraps to work on Heartstring blocks. Won't be back til late Sunday so everyone have a terrific weekend.