Saturday, April 28, 2007

PQP Update! I'm here and quilting

I know I haven't posted in a while but that is because I have been very busy!! Work is crazy and I ran up against some quilting deadlines for my guild. Anyway, I have been visiting and commenting all around Blogland. Here's a PQP update!


1. I finished adding my border on the Round Robin I am doing with three other gals from my guild. This belongs to Linda. I thought the rickrack was a fun approach. Our first border had to include curves so I used the rickrack and the little circles in the corners. This lady's GD LOVES orange! Needless to say, she has quite a collection in her stash.











2. I finished my March Journal page. Our class was a week ago today. I started this on the previous Tuesday and finished Friday morning . II love this class because I am trying different techniques I have been wanting to try. The small size 8.5 x 11 is perfect. Now, I have celtic design out of my system. I'm happy with this. These little pages sit on an easel next to my little tree that I decorate monthly depending on the holiday or season. I have a good start to my April page.



3. These are the some of the pillowcases I made for the Hole in the Wall Gang plus six that another guild member had cut but didn't have time to put together SO I took them off her hands (what's a few more??!) This was a great project. The ladies in our guild went all out for this charity event.
All pillowcases are due at our May 8 guild meeting. I'll let you know what our grand total was!!



4. Juliann had asked me to post a picture of the bag I have been working on. Here it is! I will be teaching this as a quick project class at my LQS in May. I cut lots of strips so I could pick and choose and I guess I went a little overboard!! I had enough to make four bags. I wanted to practice putting it together so I would know what I was doing when I actually teach the class. I know this looks crooked and I'm not going to lie - it was !! LOL. I didn't realize it til I took the picture. I was so intent on finishing the beading that I never really took an "overall look" at it. But it has been straightened out and donated to our guild's Silent Auction which is part of our Victorian tea that takes place today. It is a big fundraiser for us.



5. I also have signed on for the 365 Challenge started by Leanne Beasley. I have started pulling my fabrics together and have my freezer paper and Zig pen ready to go. I am part of the Yahoo! challenge group and the ladies are really going to town with this project. I will hopefully be starting this June 1, after I finished the postcard exchange.

6, I am also making postcards for the Art2Mail group I joined last month. I need to get 25 postcards made and mailed by the end of May!!! Here is a sampling of the ones I have already received.




7, And, finally, I signed up for a Quilt University class "Art for Quilters" being taught by Marilyn Belford. You may have seen her "Rundy" portrait quilt. I saw it in Houston and it is fabulous. Marilyn will be teaching us some fundamentals of art which can be applied to quilting, particularly art quilts.

Here is my first lesson completed. It was really fun!





And finally, a KITTY update!! Because what is a quilting blog without a gratuitous kitty picture?? Bailey (left) and Holly (right) were born in September so are now experiencing the "great outdoors" for the first time. Since they are indoor cats, the closest they will get is the windowsill! We put the screens in last weekend on our one nice day and they spent the day in the window.


SEWWW, as you can see, I have had a pretty full plate, and right now I just find that my time has been better spent quilting. Stop by again soon!! I promise to be a better blogger!

10 comments:

Libby said...

You have been a busy girl - who has time for blogging when all these other things are going on behind the scenes *s* Glad you are back with an update - I've missed seeing what you are up to.

Unknown said...

I'm not surprised you haven't been blogging - you've been way too busy stitching! Love the ricrac braid and spots on the round robin - I'm always a sucker for dots and spots. I'm doing the 365 too - it'll be fun to see how things turn out - I must sort out joining the yahoo group too

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

I am so glad you found some PQP again! What a beautiful orange round robin quilt, I love the rythm of the angled fabrics!

Juliann in WA said...

Wow - lots of updates from you! The little bag is really fun. Looks like a good stashbuster project. I like that vase of flowers too. Fun stuff.

Diana said...

You've been really busy! No wonder you haven't had time to blog. I love the orange round robin quilt--the rick rack idea was inspired.

Shelina said...

Wow, annie, you have been busy. I guess it pays to stay away from blogland and actually accomplish something. The rick rack on the round robin looks wonderful. What a great idea! Your bag, your flowers, your pillow cases, your art quilt, all look wonderful. I'm impressed that you got such intricate celtic designs on a journal page. Keep up the good work!

laura west kong said...

Simply amazing! Everything looks great! It inspires me to get off the computer and back in my studio. Thanks for coming back to blogland and sharing.

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

PS, Ann, I was so inspired by your PQP concept I've created my own custom PQP vitamins! check out my blog from May 8, 2007

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Phewww...I'm tired just reading about all those projects. Love the little dots and rick rack on the round robin, the postcards are very jazzy for little pieces of art and the strip bags are a nice easy one to make. I love how you have added the falp, mine in that style are just open, cheers, tracey
ps cats growing up

Jenni said...

You sure have been busy! At least you are achieving something out in the world, my business is all inside my head! Love those cats.

Latest finish and a preview

I am taking this one with me to Florida for Cayden who is now ON THE MOVE. Just started walking! Not sure why the pictures are so pinky! I ...